Introducing the UK SME Solar Scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to enable Small and medium-sized businesses to:
- Reduce their annual energy costs and carbon footprint, and
- Increase profitability, energy security and demonstrate their green credentials
. . . by capturing and using renewable and sustainable solar energy that is currently going to waste, generating their own electricity on site, in a self-funding manner requiring no capital expenditure or additional costs by the business.
In summary, installing greener energy tech with all the costs of doing so being paid for from the energy bill savings and still reducing the business’s annual energy bills at the same time.
How it works
Hausch, a renewable energy solutions, and funding partnership, provide business owners with a fully funded renewable energy generation solution designed to:
- reduce the annual energy costs of the business by installing a roof-mounted solar array to provide up to 100% of the energy requirements whilst remaining connected to the national grid should the size and nature of the installation not be sufficient to meet the business’s total energy usage.
- fund up to 100% of the project with funding from different sources depending on the nature and size of each project. These sources might be banks, pension funds, renewable energy lenders, leasing, etc.
- cover all the costs of
all hardware, installation, and commissioning costs which are paid for from the financial savings of the scheme with the balance being paid to the client as reduced energy bills. At the end of the scheme, the ownership of the installation is transferred completely to the client to continue using for the working life of the technology, for example with solar panels that are guaranteed for 25 years.
- increase energy security by having self-generation and energy storage on site.
- declare instant green credentials to shareholders and the community as a result of the reduced carbon footprint as well as being seen to be green and contributing to solving our climate emergency.
"Fully Funded" explained
“Up to 100%” Funding explained.
The scheme is funded with capital from different regulated and authorized lenders depending on the nature and size of each project. These sources might be banks, pension funds, private equity, renewable energy lenders, leasing, etc.
Each project is a simple balancing equation between:
- the amount and type of technology that is able to be installed on-site
- the energy usage of the client
- the term of the scheme
- the return on investment to the funder.
Where there is sufficient space to install enough technology to satisfy the ongoing energy consumption of the client then this would be a fully funded complete installation covering the total energy requirements and costs of the member.
- no up-front costs – no capital expenditure required by the client
- zero-net ongoing costs – the cost of the scheme is funded from the energy savings.
- plus lower energy bills.
A simple process
1. To join the scheme, all the client needs to do is to submit, free of charge or commitment, the last 12 months energy bills, details, and location of the freehold property – there are no application forms, contracts, or agreements to complete.
2. Hausch conduct a remote site survey and run initial calculations based on the information provided.
3. Hausch presents to the client a personalised proposal for their consideration providing the most suitable solution, the timescales, and the projected financial and greenhouse gas emission savings over the term of the scheme and from the continued long-term use of the installation.
4. Once the client wishes to proceed they commit to the programme and authorise Hausch Energy to proceed with the project. Upon receipt of the client’s instructions, Hausch Energy will:
- seek approval from the funder
- conduct a full site engineers survey
- seek approval from the National Grid’s District Network Officer
5. Once the application is successful, the client is given a Project Schedule and the installation date can be agreed.
Questions and Answers
How is 100% funded? How is this financed? Why don’t we have to pay anything?
We have a number of funders and lenders that will finance each project on a case by case basis.
They cover the full cost of the scheme, the hardware, installation, maintenance, everything.
The cost of the funding is deducted from the now significantly reduced annual energy bills over the life of the scheme until the cost of the scheme has been covered.
Once the funding has been covered at the end of the scheme, the annual bills reduce even further.
How long is the scheme?
This will depend on the size of the project and how low we can make the electricity bills. Smaller projects may only need a 5-year scheme. Larger or more complicated projects can be extended to 10 years or more.
What happens when the scheme ends? Who owns the installation?
Once the scheme is finished and the cost of the funding covered, the client now receives the full savings on the electricity bills, and the installation is owned completely by the client.
What guarantees are there?
Different technologies have different guarantees – for example, solar panels that have a guaranteed working life of 25 years.
What about servicing and maintenance?
Those costs are included during the scheme. Once the scheme is over, the client can opt for an ongoing service agreement paid for from the now significantly reduced annual energy bills.
How can I find out more information or ask further questions?
- contact your Hausch team member
- email us at email@example.com
- Use the form on this page
Joining the scheme free of charge
There are no application forms to complete – Hausch Energy invites you to join the scheme, free of charge or commitment, explaining the details and answering any questions before committing yourself to “go solar”.