Converting a disused airfield into a solar farm
This project was all about converting a disused airfield into a giant solar energy farm generating 32 Megawatts of power per year
The solar farm was installed on the site of a former RAF Coltishall base in Norfolk
Working with the local council and key stakeholders, RAF Coltishall has been converted by adding solar panel arrays onto the grass areas.
- Total project cost: £50M
- Cost to the customer: £zero.
The project cost was fully funded via a Power Purchase Agreement with one of our funding partners.
- Installation and commissioning: six weeks
- Lifespan: 25 years +
- Guarantees: 25 years
- 32MW produced per annum, equivalent to enough energy to power 10,000 average UK homes
- 13,760 tons of CO2 per year
- Providing a guaranteed income to Norfolk County Council for 25 years
- All figures have been rounded and are provided for illustration purposes only
- The header image created in-house from licensed images.
- The under construction photo is by Evelyn Simak
- Aerial shot photographer unknown
- This page and the content within is the intellectual property of Hausch Energy